This is a bluetooth breakout board for Silicon Lab’s Bluetooth Low Energy module, the BLE112. Each pin is broken out on standard .1″ headers for easy breadboarding. This is a very impressive module which is based off of TI’s CC2540. It also has custom firmware provided by Silicon Lab’s to make development easier than ever. Not only does their software allow the module to be completely controlled via an external microcontroller or computer, but it allows simple custom firmware development. You can easily create custom scripts (which you need the CC Debugger to program) to interface with the on board ADC, timers, and more!
As part of the Bluetooth 4.0 standard, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enables ultra-low power, Bluetooth compatible devices (also known as Bluetooth Smart Devices). There are many amazing aspects of BLE.
Check out the Silicon Lab’s site for more information on what you can do with custom firmware. They provide example projects and great documentation. You just need to register for access to their technical support.
IMPORTANT: YOU NEED TO HAVE A CC DEBUGGER FROM TEXAS INSTRUMENTS IN ORDER TO PROGRAM THE BLE112 MODULE!
There are a few options to choose from when purchasing one of our Bluetooth Low Energy breakout boards:
- The first option is a blank PCB which does not contain any components; all you receive is a blank PCB.
- The second option is for an assembled PCB without USB and stock firmware. This option comes with an assembled PCB (CC Debugger header, module, switch, and passives soldered onto the PCB) and but contains no USB connector nor USB passives. Breakaway headers are included but not soldered to the board. The firmware which comes default on the module (as if you bought it directly from Mouser), does not allow for any advanced functionality.
- The third option is for an assembled PCB with USB and stock firmware. This option comes with an assembled PCB (CC Debugger header, module, switch, USB connector, and passives soldered onto the PCB) . Breakaway headers are included but not soldered to the board. The firmware which comes default on the module (as if you bought it directly from Mouser), does not allow for any advanced functionality.
- We will be happy to program the BLE Breakout Board for you if you provide us with the firmware within 24 hours of placing your order.
- Please note that you will not receive the actual header if you order the blank PCB, you will simply receive a blank version of PCB designed with the programming header.
- BLE112 Product Page
- Silicon Lab’s Technical Support
- Silicon Lab’s Software Page
- BLE112 on Mouser
If we are out of stock, please feel free to pre-order a board. It will be shipped out as soon as possible.
NOTE: We cannot ship assembled Bluetooth modules outside of the US. If your address is outside of the US, your order will be cancelled. We can however ship the blank Bluetooth breakout boards. Thank you for your understanding.