This is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) shield for the Adafruit Pro Trinket. As a simple UART pass-through, it has been designed to be as small as possible and make it as easy as possible to use BLE in your Pro Trinket based projects. The BLE Shield is built around the easy to use BLE113 module from Bluegiga, which has its own scripting language that can be used to create a custom BLE implementation. The most important feature of the BLE Shield is that no prior knowledge BLE is needed, the device is configured to be a simple UART pass-through.
- Stackable headers are included in your purchase of an assembled BLE Shield! Note: they do not come pre-soldered to the board.
- Based on the BLE113 Bluetooth Low Energy Module
- BLE UART pass-through firmware preprogrammed
- Open source software examples
- Example code for the Adafruit Pro Trinket
- Firmware examples for the BLE113
- Android application example code (partially supported for the Pro Trinket)
- Example Python script (partially supported for the Pro Trinket)
- Future support for over the air (OTA) BLE firmware update, removing the need for the CC Debugger
- Included CC Debugger programming header for easy interfacing
- Easily solderable parts – 0805 passives
- Bluegiga SDK for easy firmware development
- Solder jumpers for enabling or disabling every I/O pin
- This shield will not work with the 5V Trinket Pro, since the BLE113 is not 5V tolerant.
- BLE113 Firmware with OTA written by Dr. Michael Kroll (an external resource not associated with Hardware Breakout)
NOTE: We cannot ship assembled Bluetooth modules outside of the US. If your address is outside of the US, your order will be cancelled. We can however ship the blank PCB for the BLE Shield. Thank you for your understanding.